Carbon nanotubes and graphene global market
The global market for carbon nanotubes and graphene & other two-dimensional nanomaterials will greatly impact sectors such as photonics and electronics.
Properties of carbon nanotubes and graphene
CNTs and graphene are the strongest, lightest and most conductive fibres known to man, with a performance-per-weight greater than any other material. In direct competition in a number of markets, they are complementary in others.
Applications in the carbon nanotubes and graphene global market
Graphene is likely to outshine carbon nanotubes in composites, but single-walled nanotubes (SWNTs) are seen as the more viable candidate for replacing silicon in transistors. As transparent conductors and battery additives, they are prized for their excellent electronic, thermal, and mechanical properties, and SWNTs and graphene will strongly compete for supremacy in these sectors in the coming years. Other 2-D nanomaterials are also coming to the fore. Single-walled Nanotubes (SWNT) are currently too expensive for widespread application but are expected to make a significant impact in electronics applications by 2020, and price has decreased as production capabilities have improved. SWNTs are also promising candidates in antibacterial and medical applications. The main regional demand for CNTs is in Asia-Pacific. This is the largest market for lithium-ion batteries and transparent conductive films by a considerable margin, followed by Europe.
This 506 page report on the carbon nanotubes and graphene global market includes:
- Production volumes, estimated to 2025
- Application timescales
- Carbon nanotubes and graphene products
- Comparative analysis of carbon nanotubes and graphene
- Assessment of carbon nanotubes and graphene market in sectors including energy, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, coatings, composites, electronics and electronic devices, photonics, sensors, filtration, adhesives, catalysts and textiles
- Assessment of 2-D nanomaterials such Silicene, Graphdiyne, Molybdenum disulfide, Graphane and Germanane
- Company profiles of carbon nanotubes and graphene producers and product developers, including products, target markets and contact details
Published June 2015 | 506 pages | Table of Contents