Published February 2023 | 782 pages, 239 figures, 150 tables | Download table of contents
Bio-based polymers are sustainable polymers synthesized from renewable resources such as biomass (e.g. plant waste, algae) rather than conventional petroleum feedstocks such as oil and gas. They offer significant advantages over traditional plastic
CO2 demonstrates the potential to be a renewable and inexhaustible platform chemical for the synthesis of commodities (methanol, urea, (in)organic carbonates, formic acid), fuel (methane, alcanes) and polymers. R&D is progressing to produce polymers and high-value chemicals utilising CO2 as a feedstock. The technology transforms CO2 into polycarbonates such as polypropylene carbonate (PPC) and polyethylene carbonate (PEC) using catalysts in a reaction with an epoxide, a chemical compound used as a reagent. Polymers and plastics generated utilising CO2 include:
- Polymers incorporating CO2 directly into their structure, such as polycarbonates.
- Polymers formed from monomers created by the hydrogenation of CO2, such as ethylene and propylene.
A number of companies are currently operating polymer plants using CO2 as a raw material. For the production of polymers, the utilization potential of CO2 is estimated to be 10 to 50 Mt yr−1 in 2050.
Report contents include:
- Analysis of the Global Bio-based and Biodegradable Plastics and Polymers market.
- Global production capacities, market demand and trends 2019-2033 for Bio-based and Biodegradable Plastics and Polymers.
- Analysis of bio-based feedstock chemicals including:
- Bio-based adipic acid
- 11-Aminoundecanoic acid (11-AA)
- 1,4-Butanediol (1,4-BDO)
- Dodecanedioic acid (DDDA)
- Epichlorohydrin (ECH)
- 5-Chloromethylfurfural (5-CMF)
- 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF)
- 2,5-Furandicarboxylic acid (2,5-FDCA)
- Furandicarboxylic methyl ester (FDME)
- Itaconic acid
- 3-Hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP)
- 5 Hydroxymethyl furfural (HMF)
- Lactic acid (D-LA)
- Lactic acid – L-lactic acid (L-LA)
- Levulinic acid
- Monoethylene glycol (MEG)
- Monopropylene glycol (MPG)
- Muconic acid
- Pentamethylene diisocyanate
- 1,3-Propanediol (1,3-PDO)
- Sebacic acid
- Succinic acid (SA)
- Analysis of synthetic Bio-based plastics and Polymers market including:
- Polylactic acid (Bio-PLA)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (Bio-PET)
- Polytrimethylene terephthalate (Bio-PTT)
- Polyethylene furanoate (Bio-PEF)
- Polyamides (Bio-PA)
- Poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) (Bio-PBAT)
- Polybutylene succinate (PBS) and copolymers, Polyethylene (Bio-PE), Polypropylene (Bio-PP)
- Analysis of naturally produced bio-based polymers including
- Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)
- Microfibrillated cellulose (MFC)
- Cellulose nanocrystals
- Cellulose nanofibers,
- Protein-based bioplastics
- Algal and fungal based bioplastics and biopolymers.
- Analysis of types of natural fibers including plant fibers, animal fibers including alternative leather, wool, silk fiber and down and polysaccharides.
- Markets for natural fibers, including polymer composites, aerospace, automotive, construction & building, sports & leisure, textiles, consumer products and plastics & packaging.
- The market for lignin-based plastics and polymers.
- Production capacities of lignin producers.
- In depth analysis of biorefinery lignin production.
- Market segmentation analysis for bio-based plastics and polymers. Markets analysed include rigid & flexible packaging, consumer goods, automotive, building & construction, textiles, electronics, agriculture & horticulture.
- Emerging technologies in synthetic and natural produced bio-based plastics and biopolymers.
- 492 company profiled including products and production capacities. Companies profiled include NatureWorks, Total Corbion, Danimer Scientific, Novamont, Mitsubishi Chemicals, Indorama, Braskem, Avantium, Borealis, Cathay, Dupont, BASF, Arkema, DuPont, BASF, AMSilk GmbH, Notpla, Loliware, Bolt Threads, Ecovative, Bioform Technologies, Algal Bio, Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, Biotic Circular Technologies Ltd., Full Cycle Bioplastics, Stora Enso Oyj, Spiber, Traceless Materials GmbH, CJ Biomaterials, Natrify, Plastus, Humble Bee Bio and many more.
- Analysis of the global market for carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) technologies.
- Market developments, funding and investment in carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) 2020-2023.
- Analysis of key market dynamics, trends, opportunities and factors influencing the global carbon, capture utilization & storage technologies market and its subsegments.
- Latest developments in carbon capture, storage and utilization technologies
- Market analysis of CO2-derived plastics and polymer products.
- Profiles of 30 companies in CO2-dervied polymer and plastics products producers. Companies profiled include Algal Bio Co., Ltd., C4X Technologies Inc., Carbonova, CarbonMeta Research, Chiyoda Corporation, CERT Systems, Inc., Covestro A.G., Mars Materials and Twelve.
The Global Market for Bio- and CO2- based Plastics and Polymers
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal.
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer) or in an alternative currency please contact firstname.lastname@example.org