Anti-Fingerprint Nanocoatings Market
Touch-based technology has lead to a high demand for clean surfaces presenting a perfect, hygienic optical appearance insensitive to fingerprints. As a result, the market for anti-fingerprint nanocoatings will grow significantly in the next decade. Transparent anti-fingerprint nanocoatings also find application on stainless steel surfaces and plastics for designer surfaces in car interiors and households. Main markets include:
- Anti-reflective films
- Optical filters
- Ophthalmic lenses
- Laser optical windows
- Camera lenses.
INTERIORS (Household Kitchens, Catering, Food Processing)
- Surfaces of metalized plastic or stainless steel (such as on ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators)
- Treated glass
- Liquid crystal displays
- Plasma displays
- Handheld electronic devices.
- Interior surfaces
According to Toray Industries, if effective anti-fingerprint coatings technology can be commercialized, a market will be created on the scale of an annual coating area of 6,000,000 m2. Companies developing anti-fingerprint nanocoatings are mainly based in Germany, the United States, Japan and South Korea. Main players are large multi-national glass, chemicals and coatings companies. There are also a number of SMEs, mainly based in Germany with reasonable revenues in this and other nanocoating markets.
Market report contents include:
- Market assessment for anti-fingerprint coatings in automotive (displays, glass), construction (rails, exterior steel surfaces), electronics (touch panels), interiors (kitchens, decorative surfaces, glass, catering, food processing and military sectors (touch panels).
- Market revenues through to 2024.
- Market drivers
- Performance benefits
- 32 company profiles. Companies profiled include ACREO, Belgium, ASAHI GLASS CO., LTD., Japan, BIONIC TECHNOLOGY, The Netherlands, CLEANCORP NANOCOATINGS and many more.
TABLES & FIGURES
- Table 1: Market summary for anti-fingerprint nanocoatings.
- Figure 1: Schematic of anti-fingerprint nanocoatings
- Table 2: Anti-fingerprint nanocoatings-Principles, properties, effect and applications
- Table 3: Markets and estimated revenues for anti-fingerprint nanocoatings, 2012-2024
Published October 2014.
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer or cheque) contact email@example.com