Nanocoatings in household care and cleaning
There are now numerous nanomaterial based-products on the market for household care and cleaning, applied as permanent coatings and protective sprays. One example is easy clean coatings that can be applied to sanitary surfaces in bathrooms, toilets, kitchens or window panes, where frequent contact with water, oil and dirt can quickly soil surfaces. These treatments are extremely popular in German and Asian markets.
Most multinational household care brand owners are conducting R&D efforts in nanocoatings in household care and cleaning, viewing the area as both a market opportunity and threat; self-cleaning and easy clean surfaces can simply be cleaned with water, negating the need for chemical cleaners. Nanoscale silver for example can also be incorporated into an anti-bacterial coating allowing for long term germ repellence. Photocatalytic TiO2 coatings have also been demonstrated to be more long-lasting and effective than standard anti-bacterial cleansers.
Products have yet to reach the market from brand owners but will likely hit the shelves in the next few years; top up applications for surfaces that may deteriorate or lose their effectiveness over time is one potential opportunity. It is likely that cleaning will still be necessary; however nanocoatings will make it less frequent and easier.
Nanocoatings in the Household Care and Cleaning Industry covers all the latest product innovators, products impacting the household care industry and estimated market revenues for this growing market.
Report contents include:
- ANTI-FINGERPRINT NANOCOATINGS IN HOUSEHOLD CARE AND CLEANING: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the anti-fingerprint coatings sector.
- ANTI-MICROBIAL NANOCOATINGS IN HOUSEHOLD CARE AND CLEANING: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the anti-fouling coatings sector. 16 ANTI-FOULING & EASY TO CLEAN Properties, effect, applications and companies in the anti-fouling coatings sector.
- SELF-CLEANING (BIONIC) NANOCOATINGS IN HOUSEHOLD CARE AND CLEANING: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the self-cleaning (bionic) coatings sector.
- SELF-CLEANING (PHOTOCATALYTIC) NANOCOATINGS IN HOUSEHOLD CARE AND CLEANING: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the self-cleaning (photocatalytic) coatings sector.
- Nanomaterials utilized in nanocoatings in household care and cleaning including silicon dioxide, zinc oxide, nanosilver and graphene.
- MARKET OUTLOOK FOR NANOCOATINGS IN CARE AND CLEANING: Applications, nanomaterials, product development and market outlook.
- COMPANIES Profiles of producers, application developers and OEMs in nanocoatings applied in household care. Profiles include BioGate AG, GXC Coatings and Nano-X GmbH.
Published April 2014 | 89 pages | Table of contents
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer or cheque) contact email@example.com