Nanocoatings in the Automotive Industry
Surface protection is a key area in the luxury car market both for protection from UV, wear, heat; promotion of adhesion; and reduction of engine friction. The overall world automotive paints and coatings market was estimated to be $7.75billion in 2010 and nanomaterials will play a key role in future growth.
Desirable functional properties for the automotive coatings industry afforded by nanomaterials include:
- Scratch resistance (alumina and silica nanoparticles)
- Anti-fingerprint (silica nanoparticles)
- Self-cleaning (Nano-Tio2, nanosilica)
- Chemical resistance (CNTs, graphene)
- UV resistance (zinc oxide, cerium oxide, titanium oxide, iron oxide nanoparticles)
- Abrasion resistance (silica and alumninium oxide nanoparticles).
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic anti-fingerprint coatings in automotive displays
- Anti-fingerprint mirror and interior surface coatings
- Scratch-proof coatings
- Wear resistant nanocoatings for engines
- Lubricant additives
- Self-cleaning coatings on glass
- Anti-corrosion engine coatings
- Anti-bacterial interior trim and upholstery coatings
- Anti-icing coatings.
Report contents include:
- ANTI-FINGERPRINT NANOCOATINGS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the automotive sector.
- SCRATCH AND WEAR-RESISTANT NANOCOATINGS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the automotive sector.
- SELF-CLEANING NANOCOATINGS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY: Properties, effect, applications and companies in the automotive sector.
- OTHER NANOCOATINGS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY: Anti-corrosion, anti-bacterial, anti-icing, photocatalytic, UV-protection and flame retardant nanocoatings in the automotive sector.
- COMPANIES Producers, application developers and OEMs in automotive nanocoatings including applications and contact details.
Published November 2013 | 72 pages | Table of Contents
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer or cheque) contact firstname.lastname@example.org