Issue 60, March 2020
An expanded issue that looks at future efforts to mitigate the current pandemic. Namely, the use of antimicrobial and antiviral nanocoatings, which is light of the current situation should be rolled out on a global scale over the next couple of years. Cost has traditionally been viewed as a significant hindrance to their use, especially in healthcare environments, both in terms of the cost of the coatings themselves and cost competitiveness versus traditional coatings. However, the colossal economic damage caused by the Covid-19 pandemic should render the cost issue irrelevant if public health authorities wish to fully mitigate future public health emergencies. This issue also covers latest anti-viral nanotech face masks products, investments, nanotech products, regulations and graphene news.
P. 4-10 Antimicrobial and antiviral nanocoatings
- Nanomaterials in antimicrobial coatings (nanosilver, titanium dioxide nanoparticles, zinc oxide nanoparticles, nanocellulose, copper nanoparticles, nanochitosan, graphene).
- Nanomaterials in antiviral coatings (Nanosilver, NanoGold, Nanoparticle titanium dioxide, Nano Copper(II) chloride, Nano Cerium Oxide, NanoSilica, Graphene oxide, Nano Zinc Oxide, Carbon nanotubes, Fullerenes, Chitosan nanoparticles).
- Companies producing antiviral nanocoatings products.
P.12-13 Latest nanotech investments, commercial agreements and rounds of finance. January-March 2020
P. 14-17 Nanotech product news. January-March 2020
- Nanocellulose in rubber and tires.
- Nanocellulose flexible, wearable sensors.
- Nano retinal implants.
- Quantum dot smart glass.
- Nano ink for flexible memory applications.
- Antimicrobial and antiviral nanotech coatings.
P. 19-21 Graphene product news. January-March 2020
- Graphene anti-corrosion additives.
- Graphene electrodes.
- Graphene wearable tech for sport apparel.
- Graphene membranes.
- Graphene audio tech.
- Graphene cosmetic masks.
- Graphene filter masks.
P. 19-21 Government, regulation & policy news. January-March 2020
P. 24-26 Anti-viral nano masks
With the current COVID-19 outbreak, the need for face masks capable of effectively filtering airborne or aerosolized viruses is more important than ever. The use of nanofiber, antiviral coated and graphene filters are effective protection. We look at the latest products.
P. 27-28 Carbon nanotubes product news. January-March 2020